NAC Manager – ETOPS, Special Projects & Courseware Design (767 / 737)
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Flight Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Safety
Publish Date: May 13, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
SUMMARY: Position is integral in the development, approval and sustainment of the Northern Air Cargo ETOPS Program. Responsible for development of all ETOPS-related training and courseware for Flight Operations personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively provide leadership in the development, approval and ongoing operation of an optimized, FAA compliant ETOPS program prioritizing safety, reliability and operational readiness.
- Monitor and evaluate ETOPS alerts related to Flight Operations and Flight Operations Training, and assist in resolution of any issues.
- Monitor and analyze trends in Flight Operations / Flight Operations Training that could impact ETOPS operations, and assist in resolution of issues.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with FAA requirements and company policies / processes
- Develop course content for B767 ETOPS Program for multiple delivery platforms (in-person, virtual, computer-based, etc.); continuously monitor to ensure program includes latest industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with Standards Captains, Line Check Airmen, VP of Flight Operations and Manager of Training to ensure that lessons learned on the line are incorporated into training.
- Maintain currency on regulations, departmental and company policies, and methods of training.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure manuals are technically correct and aircrews are using proper operational procedures as required.
- Maintain productive relationships with flight crew members, Manager of Pilot Training, Vice President of Flight Operations, Assistant Chief Pilots and all other key Company stakeholders.
- Maintain productive liaison relationships with outside agencies such as the FAA, NTSB, or other airlines, agencies, relevant external stakeholders, etc.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and good follow-through on commitments.
- Organize, direct and administer activities for multiple locations in different time zones.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires a broad knowledge of US aviation regulations, standards, and practices and applicable US/foreign regulations including those of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ETOPS regulations, requirements and best practices.
- Need 3-5 years of experience as a key contributor for a comparable program in part 121 airline operations; role(s) to include development of training materials.
- Requires previous experience related to the establishment or maintenance of an ETOPS program for a 121 operator.
- Need substantial experience as a pilot for the B767 aircraft.
- Experience developing computer delivered training courseware.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse employees at all levels.
- Must have excellent research and organizational skills.
- Able to successfully meet deadlines on multiple high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Need excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as government regulations, collective bargaining agreements, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, regulators/outside agencies, crew members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills required.
STRESS ON THE JOB:
- This position has a high-level of responsibility for a safety-sensitive function. Ability to manage periods of high-stress is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work requires normal physical effort.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Manual dexterity is required for word processing, compiling reports or input for manuals, working with numeric data composing memoranda or other similar tasks.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.