NAC Maintenance Representative
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance
Publish Date: December 23, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Maintenance Representative will act as the on-site Company maintenance representative at locations away from the main maintenance base. The Maintenance Representative acts as liaison and control between NAC Maintenance and outsourced maintenance providers contracted to maintain company aircraft.
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY The Maintenance Representative performs maintenance on Company aircraft, engines and aircraft components including but not limited to, periodic aircraft service checks, aircraft line maintenance, servicing and dispatch. Aircraft and aircraft component overhaul, repair, disassembly, assembly and general maintenance.
• Must perform all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with Company maintenance manuals, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Company policies and procedures and applicable FAA regulation.
• Ensures MRO performing maintenance on Company aircraft perform all work in accordance with Company maintenance manuals, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Company policies and procedures and applicable FAA regulation.
• Coordinates directly with NAC MX Control to provide aircraft status and communicate any and all discrepancies with the aircraft or directs MRO representative to communicate status to NAC MX Control in the Representatives absence.
• Is required to sign for and be held accountable for all work accomplished on Company aircraft and components if performed by Representative.
• If needed, perform buy back inspection of Company RII items as defined in the appropriate aircraft Maintenance Procedures Manual and General Maintenance Manual, including Logbook/Airworthiness release.
• Will operate as a Flight Mechanic if needed during On Demand or Extended Exclusive Contract operations.
• While performing Flight Mechanic duties, monitor their personal duty time in accordance with General Maintenance Manual 4-13, Maintenance Personnel Duty Time Limitations, and ensure the limitations are not exceeded.
• Supervises work performed on Company aircraft by MRO.
• Assist and train MRO Mechanics and Inspectors in Company Maintenance policies and procedures.
• Monitor aircraft inspections & repairs ensuring use of FAA approved parts and data.
• Audit all aircraft work packages and records to ensure all maintenance documentation is properly completed and sent to NAC QC Records department in a timely fashion.
• Perform incoming parts/materials receiving inspections in accordance with NAC SPM procedures.
• Monitor maintenance operations at MRO for safe work practices.
• Make recommendations to NAC Mx Management for quality assurance and safety improvements.
• Coordinates with other NAC MX departments such as NAC QC, QC Records, Stores and MX Control to ensure timely completion of all MX and Flight Schedules are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements REQUIRED COMPANY QUALIFICATIONS (GMM)
• Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings. • Hold a letter of authorization from Northern Air Cargo Chief Inspector for RII Inspection.
• Hold a valid passport from country of nationality. • Be legally able to travel into foreign countries, i.e., no outstanding warrants or DUI’s on record that have not been rehabilitated.
REQUIRED COMPANY TRAINING (GMM) • Safety Program • Northern Aviation Services Emergency Response Plan manual (NAS ERP) • General Maintenance Manual
• Aircraft training and administrative training as assigned by the Superintendent Maintenance
• Hazard identification and reporting as described in the Safety Management • Manual, Chapter 7
PHYSICAL DEMANDS • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must have the ability to stand on ladders for up to two hours.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE • A minimum Four years related experience performing Maintenance on, and returning to service, large transport category aircraft. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS • Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY • Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS • FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.