NAC Lead Mechanic
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 14, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for quality and quantity in manpower utilization while promoting Company policies.
- Knowledgeable of and have extensive experience in repair and troubleshooting of Company maintained aircraft.
- Maintains the check turnover log and line turnover log, reporting all work accomplished on his shift, pertinent open items and any special instructions.
- Responsible for coordinating the deicing/anti-icing procedures and ground crews on a day to day basis. Ensures Junior Mechanics receive proper OJT and their School/Logbook progress toward their A&P is monitored.
- Supervises personnel and maintain adequate production levels. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Maintenance, or the Director of Maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a current and valid Airman Certificate with an Airframe and Power plant rating.
- Boeing 737-200 and 300 experience desirable. Ability to move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to stand on ladders for up to 2 hours.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record for past five years.
- Regular attendance and shift work is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, and 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.