NAC Junior Mechanic
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: May 17, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Air Cargo
Northern Air Cargo seeks a Junior Mechanic, a student enrolled in an accredited AMT program seeking both an Airframe and Powerplant license or be in the process of acquiring Airframe and Powerplant license through a documented work experience program.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
- Gain experience necessary to acquire an Airframe & Powerplant License.
- Assist A & P Mechanics by performing the following duties.
- Servicing aircraft.
- Perform Maintenance to Company aircraft while supervised by authorized personnel. Set up of support equipment.
- Removal of aircraft panels.
- Cleaning of aircraft parts.
- Clean up of shop area.
- Removal of snow.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular attendance is required. Shift work may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must possess a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited AMT program seeking both an Airframe and Powerplant license or be in the process of acquiring Airframe and Powerplant license through a documented work experience program to be eligible for this position.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.