NAC Human Resources Assistant
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: September 9, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great entry-level human resources opportunity! Northern Air Cargo is a growing company with a dynamic environment. Ideal candidate provides excellent customer service, has strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and is highly adaptable. (Salary range: $16.98 – $24.30)
Participate in overall delivery of responsive, quality Human Resources services to company employees and managers.
Northern Air Cargo (NAC) is part of Saltchuk, which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment. Our operating locations include Alaska, Florida, Hawaii and Washington.
- Assist employees with routine questions such as how to find information in HRIS self-service portal.
- Answer phones and direct callers to the appropriate department employee.
- Administration and maintenance of employee personnel files including set-up of new employee files, pulling files, ensuring loose documents are scanned or filed, changing document status in UltiPro and processing/archiving files of terminated employees.
- Assist DER with preparation of drug and alcohol packets by downloading documents, copying and assembling required information.
- Assist HR Department in identifying efficiencies and finding ways to leverage technology to improve processes.
- Process requests for employment verification.
- Administer internal company benefits such as interline travel, charitable contributions, tuition assistance, bus passes, etc.
- Administer Employee Recognition Program, including coordination of employee recognition events.
- Reconcile wellness program forms.
- Assist recruiter by scheduling interviews as needed.
- Assist with new employee onboarding process as needed.
- Assist with gathering, sending out and monitoring collection of regulatory documents such as DOT release forms and Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA)
- Prepare hard copy and electronic information packets for New Hire Orientation and Pilot Indoc.
- Assist with event planning, including coordination with vendors and venues, creating and sending invitations, preparing gifts or other materials, etc.
- Distribute compliance materials throughout company buildings on and off airport property.
- Correspond with employees with benefit cutoff date.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have at least 18-months clerical experience performing duties of similar scope and complexity. Prefer human resources experience or related education.
- Demonstrate at least intermediate ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Strongly prefer advanced skills with MS Office.
- Must be able to manage tasks in a remote work environment using tools such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, phone, e-mail, etc.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and interact successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Need a high level of organizational skills and demonstrated track record of working well under pressure.
- Must be highly adaptable.
- Position requires professional demeanor.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and security threat assessment.
- Need valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Experience with UltiPro preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively and respond verbally and in writing to management, peers, and external stakeholders.
Position has a high level of contact with staff and management throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
The work is classified as “light” with regards to the physical demands.
- Manual dexterity is required for computer input.
- Talking is required at least 50% of the day; use of talking on the phone at least 25% of the day.
- Reciprocal communication is required at least 75% of the day.
- Good vision is required to process reports, data input, read correspondence and proofread documents and letters being sent out.
- Good hearing is required to communicate on the phone and while attending meetings.
- Lifting requirements: Heavy boxes weighing 25 pounds, light office supplies, stacks of paper and computer printouts.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.