NAC Flight Control Supervisor
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: August 17, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Flight Control Supervisor assists management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of the Flight Control Agents to ensure a cordial and productive work environment. This position maintains a high degree of knowledge pertaining to all applicable FAR’s as well as NAC company policies and procedures to ensure the daily operation is safe, efficient, and meets performance goals.
The Flight Control Supervisor must be able to effectively communicate with the Flight Control Agents and other departments, have strong leadership and coordination skills as well as the ability to make timely and correct decisions in a high stress environment. This position performs all other responsibilities as directed by the Manger of Flight Control, Vice President of Systems Operations Control or Vice President of Flight Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure Flight Control Agents are performing all aspects of their daily duties and responsibilities related to NAC’s services with a sense of urgency in a 24/7 operation environment.
• Direct, mentor and motive Flight Control Agents to maximize performance and potential during daily operations. Foster a positive work environment that values open communication, trust and personal accountability. Set a positive example for other FCAs to follow.
• Ensure compliance with company code of ethics and policies such as anti-harassment and anti-discrimination.
• Maintain effective working relationships within the SOCC with Flight Operations, Maintenance, and Cargo Operations personnel and management during daily operations.
• Assist the Manger of Flight Control by fielding daily operational or technical concerns by Flight Control, Flight Coordinators, Crew Members, Crew Schedulers, stations, maintenance, and government agencies as it relates to the Flight Control.
• Provide work direction in the absence of normal operating instructions.
• Ensure there is a constant and timely flow of information between Flight Control and all other departments within the SOCC during daily operations.
• Distribute the daily workload evenly amongst the Flight Control Agents.
• Monitor the work schedule for adequate shift coverage.
• Enhance and develop Dispatch Training curriculum, train initial and recurrent dispatch courses and administer Competency Checks.
• Assist with planning and performing training events as required for SOCC personnel (ER drills and tabletop scenarios).
• Perform the duties of the Flight Control if required.
• Seek opportunities for automation and implement where practical.
• Assist the Manager of Flight Control to develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures towards the improvement Flight Control.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher license, able to maintain competency. (Dispatchers must be 23 years of age per the FARs.)
• Need at least 1-year of experience supervising dispatchers or comparable function in an aviation environment (prefer 2-4 years lead or supervisory experience in dispatching).
• Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge related to the FARs and dispatching best practices.
• Demonstrate good leadership, problem solving and decision-making ability.
• Experience coaching and mentoring others.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive, productive work relationships with all team members/stakeholders.
• Previous airline experience required.
• Must have strong computer skills including Windows, Excel, Power Point and web browsers.
• International dispatching experience strongly preferred.
• ETOPS experience strongly preferred.
• Supervisory experience in a union environment preferred.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations, collective bargaining agreements, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively with crewmembers, management, internal stakeholders, etc.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in Written, oral, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have valid dispatcher license and ability to maintain currency.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Computer skills required.
STRESS ON THE JOB:
• This position has a high-level of responsibility for a safety-sensitive function. Ability to manage periods of high stress is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Most work requires normal physical effort.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see or hear.
• Manual dexterity is required for computer input.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability