NAC Employee Services Manager
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: February 6, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Employee Services Manager coordinates employee services activities, such as recruitment, employee benefits, and regulatory compliance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel. The manager is responsible for carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBLITIES include the following.
• Responsible for the recruitment of qualified applicants to fill vacant positions. Coordinates with mangers/supervisors for the interview and selection process.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Keeps record of insurance coverage, retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and termination.
• Conducts wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
• Assists in budget preparation for the Employee Services department.
• Conducts exit interview to determine reasons behind separations.
• Represents organizational personnel related hearings and investigations.
• Manages the affirmative action plan.
• Consults with the Managing Director to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations such as EEO, ADA, FMLA, W/C, mandated drug/alcohol testing programs, airport security and OSHA.
• Stay familiar with human resource related legislation to assess industry trends.
• Assists supervisors in disciplinary action or other employee related issues.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
May directly or indirectly supervise one employee in the Employee Services Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and completing performance appraisals.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree helpful; PHR or SPHR preferred, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, outside agencies and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certification as a PHR or SPHR preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILTIES:
Working knowledge of the principles of HR management as well as the laws and regulations governing the HR function.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.