NAC Customer Relations & Charter Specialist
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Sales
Publish Date: May 15, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Air Cargo
The Customer Relations & Charter Specialist provides superior customer account service to Northern Air Cargo (NAC) customers. Resolve customer’s issues and concerns, provide shipping quotes, and follow up services. Provides customer support for the On Demand and Alaska charter markets. Responds to quote requests by preparing charter bids, tracking and follow-up on provided bids, and maintenance of customer bid boards such as ECCO. Coordinates bid quotes with the Flight Operations Coordinator to ensure the bid is viable for the NAC operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Build and maintain strong customer relationships by addressing their day to day needs with superior customer service.
• Participate in daily customer call management, to include accurately providing charter quotes, bids, and contracts, responding to charter requests, arranging bookings, and tracking freight.
• Create and execute charter contracts in compliance with NAC terms and conditions.
• Maintain the On Demand Sales Tracker Program to track opportunities.
• Maintain customer bid boards when applicable.
• Records and keeps current customer charter data, documents and contracts for customer records.
• Work directly with sales managers to strengthen understanding of customer and community needs.
• Professionally communicate via email, both internally and externally, utilizing prescribed format via computer email as primary means of communications.
• Utilizes company issued communication devices (computer, phone) in a professional manner.
• As needed, represent NAC through participation in Anchorage based community and customer appreciation events.
• Maintains excellent working relationship other NAC departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months related experience and/or training preferred. Experience in transportation sales, logistics, or brokerage valuable.
Ability to prepare and complete forms effectively and collate data and information. Must have excellent email and verbal correspondence skills. This position relies heavily on written and verbal communications. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and interoffice memos. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations. Exceptional phone skills. Must be professional and courteous with all customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages. Understanding of dimensional calculations and limitations with size/weight ratios.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Able to take direction and constructive criticism in a positive manner. Be a team player. Able to type and utilize all required office equipment. Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Excel proficiency desirable. Comfortable with computer applications and database entry. Strong customer service and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize. Working knowledge of air cargo operations and services preferred. Understanding of rates and tariffs a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, speak, listen, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.