NAC Cargo Service Supervisor
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Warehouse
Publish Date: November 21, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
NAC is seeking an experienced warehouse supervisor to offer expanded oversight of night shift cargo operations. Must be a strong communicator with an emphasis on accuracy and desire to carry work performance in accordance with service standards. Looking for someone who is skilled in coaching and developing a team.
The Cargo Service Supervisor offers expanded oversight of ramp, warehouse, and load control activities to provide the safe, orderly, and expeditious movement of freight/mail at Northern Air Cargo (NAC). This includes shipping, receiving, building, loading, and customer relations. The Cargo Service Supervisor carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws, Company policies, and promotes the safety culture to the departments and throughout the company; and ensures all Federal, State and Postal rules and regulations are adhered to.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the daily cargo handling activities of the ramp, warehouse and load control operations in accordance with applicable laws and Company policies.
- Fairly and consistently delegates tasks to ensure operations are being performed in a productive, safe and efficient manner.
- Directs and coordinates Scheduled Service employees responsible for the building, staging and loading operation in Alaska.
- Conducts and monitors on-the job training and development.
- Proactively monitors performance, conducts performance evaluations, addresses complaints, counsels and initiates corrective action, as necessary.
- Participates in the selection, onboarding and training process of new employees.
- Manages multiple lines of production to meet to overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these operations.
- Provides a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction, safety, security, quality and employee relations meet or exceed standards.
- Provides exceptional customer service and resolution of specific and general customer problems.
- Responsible for all ramp, warehouse, and load control equipment and supplies.
- Promotes the safety culture to the departments and throughout the Company
- Reports irregularities, issues and successes to management and takes appropriate action
- Assists with administrative tasks including some required budget assistance
- Regular attendance is required
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must have a working knowledge of airfreight operations and services
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively lead and direct a team
- High level of own initiative
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including night shift
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical manuals and regulations related to FAA, OSHA and Federal, State and Postal and other regulatory agencies
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
- numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 70 lbs.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of SharePoint desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
Talk and hear, stand and walk, lift and bend.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.