NAC Cargo Service Supervisor
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Ground Operations
Publish Date: June 16, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Air Cargo
The Cargo Service Supervisor directs and coordinates ramp, warehouse, and load control activities to provide the safe, orderly, and expeditious movement of freight/mail at all NAC stations. This includes shipping, receiving, building, loading, and customer relations.
- The Cargo Service Supervisor carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws, Company policies, and promotes the safety culture to the departments and throughout the company; and ensures all Federal, State and Postal rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Responsible for the administration, supervision and training of all ramp, warehouse, and load control personnel to include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers by means of customer contact including providing general and specific information, and resolution of specific and general customer problems.
- Responsible for all ramp, warehouse, and load control equipment and supplies.
- The Cargo Service Supervisor reports irregularities, issues and successes to the Director of Cargo services, and assists with ramp, warehouse, and load control budgets.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of airfreight operations and services.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.