NAC Accounts Receivable Technician
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: June 24, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Pay Rate: DOE
Northern Air Cargo
This position is responsible for assisting the company in supporting and ensuring Northern Air Cargo’s payment terms using accurate documentation and developing positive relationships with all customers.
- Performs general accounting functions including the following:
The ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast – paced (high volume transaction) environment is essential
- Invoicing and posting of air waybills within computer systems
- Highly self-motivated with great communication skills
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with customers and other departments within the company
- Ability to work within a strong teamwork environment
- Research and resolve customer account discrepancies
- Accurate data entry and record keeping
- Customer statement processing and distribution
- Participates in and supports process improvement and system enhancement projects, and proactively identify ongoing opportunities for such improvements (e.g. accounts receivable workflow)
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- 2 year Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred
- Two+ years related customer service preferred
- Three years Accounts Receivables experience preferred
- Good math, verbal and writing skills
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively communicate in a positive manner
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Availability to work extra hours when the need arises
- Be able to handle miscellaneous projects as business needs require
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
Positions at this level have moderate decision-making authority. Actions taken by this position can impact receivables bottom line and affect customer relationships. Required to apply and interpret data, facts, situations, procedures and policy.
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with customers and staff throughout the organization. This position is expected to solve problems within policy guidelines while communicating with management within the division.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month as attention to detail with invoicing, aging and customer needs must be accurate.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for processing invoicing, accounting reports, posting in accounting software and excellent record keeping