NAC Accounts Payable Technician
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: January 3, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
As part of the Northern Air Cargo Accounting team, the Accounting Technician will perform the following:
•Process vendor invoices including coding invoices, matching vendor invoices to approved purchase orders/receiving documents, entering invoices into accounting system and obtaining approvals prior to payment.
•Post and/or review postings from accounts receivable of interline, COD, advances and other charges to accounts payable.
•Reconcile vendor statements to vendor accounts, and research discrepancies with vendors and with accounts receivable. Ensure all vendors are paid when due.
•Research coding of charges and invoices to ensure proper classification of expenses and purchases between accounts and between companies.
•Process vendor payments, via check, wire or ach, and prepare checks for mailing (or supervising such duties).
•Daily contact with vendors and other departments within the company. Contact vendors to respond to queries and research vendor account issues.
•Prepare reports on a monthly basis or as requested (e.g. aged vendor accounts payable report, sub-ledger to general ledger reconciliation, cash flow projections, and other reports as requested)
•Regular attendance is required.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
• High school diploma or General Education Development (GED)
• Two years experience in accounts payable required.
• Knowledge of airfreight transportation preferred.
• Must be able to write basic reports and business correspondence.
• Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with managers, vendors, and other employees.
• Must be able to perform basic math functions, especially as they are applied to invoices and payments.
• Basic data entry and computer literacy required.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
• 10 key by touch required.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.