NAC 737 First Officer
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 7, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Northern Air Cargo is now recruiting for 737 First Officers. The First Officer represents Northern Air Cargo is responsible for the safe transportation of freight and mail by performing the following duties:
• Assists the Captain in the most efficient manner possible to ensure the preparation for and completion of the flight is in accordance with the CFRs and Company policies and procedures.
• Fulfills the required designation as Second-In- Command.
• Ascertains the aircraft has been loaded and secured for flight as per guidance from Captain.
• Exercises proper use of all aircraft check lists at all times.
• Prepares and maintains flight logs, charts, reports, etc., as required by the Captain.
• Possesses, and keeps current the required licenses and documents for flight(s) to be performed.
• Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Captain (Pilot-in-Command) until the aircraft arrives at the next point of landing in the event the Captain becomes incapacitated in flight.
• Other duties as assigned by the Captain, Chief Pilot or the Director of Operations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
• Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Must have valid FAA ATP Certificate including Multi-Engine Rating, and First Class Medical Certificate.
• Must have a valid driver’s license • Valid U.S Passport required.
• Must have FCC License
• Fluent in aviation oriented English language (IAW FAR 61.151).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively to crewmembers, customers, station agents, and air traffic control personnel.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. • Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.