NAC Stores & Logistics Agent
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 7, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Stores & Logistics Agent plays a vital role in the operation of the Aircraft Maintenance Department. It will be the responsibility of the Stores & Logistics Agent to carry out the normal day-to-day activities associated with the warehousing and distribution of aircraft parts, materials and tooling in support of maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing/disbursing, transferring, exchanging, shipping and ensuring delivery of aircraft parts, tooling, equipment and materials.
- Maintaining inventory control and integrity; data accuracy and compliance processes.
- Maintaining the preservation of materials and/or tooling within established specifications and/or company requirements by following the appropriate policies and procedures. (e.g., Shelf Life, static sensitive parts, hazmat, etc.)
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with Aircraft Maintenance personnel on the distribution and/or fulfillment of parts, materials and tooling requirements.
- Provides purchasing support by analyzing and selecting proper methods of procurement with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Conducts logistics planning processes and execution in support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly work environment and operation.
- Responsible for the safe operation of mechanical and manual material handling equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following requirements represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a general education degree or high school diploma.
- Previous warehouse, logistics, or similar type supply function and/or materials handling experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with professionalism and accuracy.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history records check and security threat assessment.
- Ability to deliver regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimum supervision. (e.g., holidays, weekends or non-traditional hours)
- Work overtime on short notice when operationally necessary.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with high productivity and accuracy.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to respond to change or multiple work demands.
- Must possess strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70lbs utilizing proper equipment or assistance.
Special Position Requirements
- Successful completion of all operation required training and tests, including hazardous material handling.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.