Mechanic – Swing Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: February 11, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The mechanic performs complex repairs on light and heavy-duty vehicle/equipment, trailers, tankers, and trucks. These duties include trouble shooting and diagnostics and major component replacement.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot to identify mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies
- Perform analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement
- Will conduct safety meetings on a regular basis
- Must be able to use OEM troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures
- Analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacements
- Frequently provides direction/training to feeder positions
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Assists with identifying, researching and locating parts including ordering and pick up
- Prioritizes schedules, repairs and workloads for all mechanic positions based on company need and availability.
- Enters repair orders, part order numbers and other related information into TMT
- Will repair e-log systems as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; completion of a technical school preferred
- Must furnish and keep onsite all necessary tools for completion of the job
- Valid AK driver’s license required; Class A CDL preferred
- Five to seven years truck, or equipment repair and maintenance experience