Mechanic – Riviera Beach Job ID 9264
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Performs preventative maintenance on support and motorized shore equipment as well as troubleshooting and repairs to same.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment including but not limited to forklifts up to 52K lb. capacity, jockey & road trucks, manlifts, custom buggies, utility/golf carts, fuel trucks, pressure washers,
- Performs inspections on all equipment and handles any existing problems.
- Operates, inspects, and troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical failures on equipment as required and diagnose defects.
- Performs major and minor repairs on engines and transmissions.
- Makes quality fabrications.
- Performs diagnostics via scanning tools and software.
- Utilizes maintenance programs to create and schedule work.
- Makes service calls to various Tropical departments to facilitate equipment repairs as required.
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and organized.
- Participates in training seminars, classes, and technically oriented workshops when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High school diploma and vocational technological graduate.|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years’ experience in equipment repair, maintenance and operation.|
|LICENSE:||Valid local driver's license – Non-Commercial Class E.|
Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
|TRAVEL:||10% Travel to both domestic and international Tropical locations.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld device or tools. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds daily. Able to withstand exposure to extreme weather conditions. Ability to travel in various modes of transportation (e.g. automobile, airplane, train etc.) Occasionally exposed to outside elements during the daily workday and when traveling.|
|(Education and experience minimums can be substituted with any equivalent combination of training and experience)|