Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Labor, Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: March 15, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The Mechanic Apprentice is primarily responsible for providing support to a team of mechanics, giving priority yo steam cleaning all vehicle and equipment that passes through the wash bay. The incumbent will also perform some basic maintenance and repairs on support equipment and light duty vehicles.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Steam cleans all vehicles, parts, and equipment as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Safely operate and park equipment within the yard and shop areas
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities as assigned based on fluctuating customer needs
- Assist mechanics with a variety of tasks as directed
- Fill up shop equipment with diesel fuel prior to start of the workday
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid AK driver’s license
- One year of experience in small tool or automotive repair, or a related field preferred
- Basic knowledge of the following areas: equipment, truck, and trailer design and functionality preferred