Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: August 3, 2020
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Maintains and repairs motorized shore equipment.
To apply for this job please visit hrwppb06v.trophq.tropical.com.
1. Performs basic preventative maintenance on all equipment.
2. Performs tri-monthly inspection on all equipment and handles and existing problems.
3. Troubleshoots electrical and hydraulic systems on all equipment.
4. Performs major and minor repairs on engines and transmissions.
5. Makes quality fabrications.
6. Performs fueling duties when assigned in absence of Fueler.
7. Makes service calls to other areas of the company.
8. Travels to outports as needed for preventative maintenance and repairs on Tropical equipment.
9. Keeps work area and equipment used clean.
10. Remains on standby duty whenever a ship is being loaded after hours and weekends.
11. Participates in training seminars, classes, and technically oriented workshops.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma and vocational technological graduate.
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in heavy equipment repair, maintenance and operation.
LICENSE: Valid Local Driver's License - Commercial Class B with HAZMAT and tanker endorsement and Valid Passport.
TRAVEL: 10% Travel to both domestic and international Tropical locations.
PHYSICAL: Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds on a daily basis. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions. Ability to travel in various modes of transportation (e.g. automobile, airplane, train etc.) Occasionally exposed to outside elements during the course of traveling.
(Education and experience minimums can be substituted with any equivalent combination of training and experience)