Marketing and Communications Manager
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Communications
Publish Date: April 1, 2021
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Are you an experienced marketing and communications professional who thrives in a dynamic environment? Consider Northern Aviation Services for your next career choice. Growing cargo airline providing services in the U.S. and internationally. Plenty of opportunity to make an impact and see the results of your efforts!
Who You Are
You are a creative and strategic communications professional with experience crafting internal and external marketing campaigns. You enjoy taking initiative, setting goals and using both traditional and new media tools to achieve them. You are a natural collaborator and have a track record of communicating a strategy and empowering others to help carry it forward. You are comfortable being hands on, managing multiple projects and priorities. You enjoy a challenge and see yourself as a resource across the organization to reach business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will work directly with senior leadership across our companies to evaluate challenges and opportunities for inclusion in strategic marketing planning.
- You will develop an overall strategic marketing plan including strategies and tactics to build brand image and market awareness for NAS and its operating companies.
- You will implement advertising traditional and digital marketing campaigns to reach primary target markets and support sales efforts.
- You will help support, as needed, sales/trade activities for our operating companies.
- You will work with sales teams from across our companies to develop and support sales promotions and activities.
- You will oversee design, management and maintenance of four consumer-facing websites.
- You will analyze market data on a quarterly basis and put together a report or presentation for leadership and Sales to drive business decisions and better understand the industry and our businesses.
- You will respond to media requests for information and implement earned media campaigns; producing news releases, news materials, fact sheets, online content, program announcements for NAS and its operating companies as needed.
- You will help develop NAS and operating company communications materials on local, state, and national political or regulatory issues, as directed by President/CEO and/or Chief Admin Officer
- You will be responsible for the overall strategy and development of internal corporate communications across our family of companies.
- You will build and foster collaborative relationships with marketing and communication leaders across the greater Saltchuk family of companies.
- You will set and manage the NAS annual marketing budget.
- You will measure and report performance of marketing campaigns and assess performance against goals.
- You will manage and coordinate NAS crisis communication efforts including, as needed, serving as the media spokesperson for our family of companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in marketing, public relations and/or communications.
- Your prior marketing experience is varied and includes areas such as development and implementation of strategic marketing plans, brand maintenance, advertising and/or earned media, digital marketing, collateral development and/or crisis communication.
- You have project management experience.
- You have desktop publishing experience including Adobe products
- We’d be doubly excited if you have Advertising/Media/Public Relations experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, a 5-year background check and a 10-year criminal records check.
- You can understand, interpret, and write effectively about complex information; and have demonstrated excellent oral communication skills by clearly presenting information through the spoken word in positive and adverse circumstances.
- You have strong attention to detail and enjoy editing and proofreading.
- In your career, you have exhibited independent judgment by making sound, justifiable decisions and taking action in solving problems.
- You have a keen understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and the ability to represent information effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills that enable you to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- You are independent and can follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- You portray a professional attitude and appearance.
- You are a technology whiz and can fully utilize all of Windows, Adobe and MS Professional Office standard applications.
- You can travel as needed. Travel will primarily be to our operations in Alaska, Hawaii and Florida, approximately 10% of time.
Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input. Vision requirements include close vision.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.