Marine Personnel Specialist
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: October 13, 2021
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
Responsible for the day to day communication and logistics associated with manning TOTE Services’ managed fleet with qualified crew members. This includes vetting mariner documents, communication with union halls, coordinating with healthcare providers (COVID-19), and working with travel partners and vessel masters to arrange the coordinated movement of mariners domestically and internationally.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Places job orders for unlicensed crewmembers according to union shipping rules
- Coordinates with Marine Personnel Supervisor and Director Fleet Services for all vessel officers
- Validates vessel schedules, coordinates crew changes with masters and Directors of Ship Management (DSM)
- Verifies mariners presented by unions are qualified; vets all documentation, seeking approval from Labor as necessary for Medical Waivers, etc.
- Schedules, as necessary, MSC physicals, COVID-testing, hotel quarantine, all crew transportation
- Submits, as necessary, SAB charge details to Marine Personnel Supervisor
- Responsible for accurate entry of mariner data into Nautical Systems Enterprise (NSE); coordinating with payroll department and vessel masters as needed
- Coordinates crew arrivals and departures with vessel agents, ensuring all required paperwork, visas, and approvals are completed
- Determines eligibility of Cash in Lieu (CIL) requests by disembarking mariners and processes corresponding paperwork
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Processes mariner expense reports related to assigned vessels within 30 days of receipt.
- Sea Service Letters, Employment Status Letters, or other Data Verifications initiated and sent as requested.
- Serves as administrators for Unlicensed Evaluations received by vessel masters according to SIU Evaluation procedures; documents forwarded to DSMs as appropriate and filed within NSE.
- Responsible for filing signed and completed SASH documents for mariners and cadets and requesting annual completion of ADM- 012, Disclosure and Annual Certification of Compliance for Masters.
- Maintains department files in shared department inboxes for travel and expense reports, shared calendars, drives, and NSE.
- Sends information regarding SAB charges to Labor as they occur.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.