Manager Freight Operations
Company: Young Brothers, Limited
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: November 2, 2020
Company Description: Looking for career opportunities with a dynamic, fast-paced company that can result in long-term employment while serving the various communities in Hawaii? If you are, then consider a position with Young Brothers, Ltd. (YB) – on the forefront of the marine freight transportation business. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and future growth opportunities for both shoreside and seagoing careers. At YB, our employees are our most important resource and one of the pillars that help to support a strong foundation on which our company is built. We achieve this through seeking people who are team players, professional, motivated and committed to winning and meeting the needs of our customers and our communities.
Young Brothers, Limited
Responsible for overall management of and financial responsibility for the freight operations in all ports.
- Supports a positive safety culture in regards to company, USCG, OSHA and regulatory requirements within all ports of freight operations. Supports the implementation, execution, and compliance of company initiatives, e.g., strategic plan and shore-side ISM/ISO programs.
- Leads by example as an ethical and thought leader, change navigator, and possesses an effective coach mentality.
- Exercises direct supervision of all shore-side operations port managers to include supervision, coaching conversations, development, and evaluation.
- Effectively communicates regional goals, strategic plan, and objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve Company Mission, Vision, Core Values and Safety and Customer Service Vision.
- Processes employee development plans and evaluations in a timely manner.
- Directs, motivates and develops employees for maximum performance.
- Provides and maintains positive customer service levels to both external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all CCA customers.
- Provides assistance to sales with contract/bid programs.
- Communicates in a timely manner operational/company initiatives.
- Reviews weekly statewide operations reports.
- Oversees operating and capital expense budgets for shore-side freight operations statewide.
- Develops/oversees the implementation of shore-side operational plans statewide.
- Oversees the operational performance and timely communication of relevant information regarding operational issues statewide.
- Provides and ensures compliance with annual budget for freight operations statewide.
- Plays an active role in ongoing implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Provides operational feedback pertaining to the cost of service model.
- Sits on committee and plays an active role during union negotiations.
- Testifies on exhibits for regulatory proceedings before the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission or any other board or commission as directed by the Director of Terminal Operations.
- Sits on and plays an active role in the Tariff Committee.
- Adheres to all company policies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with statewide freight operations shore-side equipment, tugs, barge schedules, shore-side services, cargo handling and stevedoring.
- Understanding of financial and accounting terminology and the ability to apply this understanding to conduct analysis of the operations.
- Understanding of information available from periodic cost and revenue statements.
- Ability to assemble information from a variety of sources to include processed and raw data and arrive at conclusions.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, peers and associates.
- Ability to understand basic financial worksheets.
- Ability to calculate operational budget costs and to estimate budget needs.
- Ability to focus and complete projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects in a hectic environment.
This position prefers a Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field and a minimum of five years of related experience. Also requires a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
Young Brothers, Limited is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Young Brothers, Limited is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.