Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Maintenance
Publish Date: October 13, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Develop and implement a Maintenance Training Program that meets the requirements of the Company Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program and the Code of Federal Regulations by use of Outsource training providers or by compiling material appropriate for the training required; develop, schedule and present training classes. Maintain training records of all maintenance personnel, both electronic and paper.
Northern Air Cargo is a subsidiary of Northern Aviation Services and part of the Saltchuk family of companies. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable aviation services for our customers and create a place for employees to build long-term careers. Northern Air Cargo services customers in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, South America and the Caribbean.
- Develops and provides technical training, required inspection item training and recurrent training for all inspection and RII inspection personnel.
- Incorporates all changes in maintenance and inspection policies and procedures into the Training Program.
- Develops and provides differences training for all maintenance and inspection personnel.
- Coordinates with the Senior Director, Maintenance; and Superintendent, Maintenance; Senior Director, Quality Control; and Director, Training & Security to provide the maintenance training required.
- Assures all maintenance and inspection training records are complete and accurate.
- Maintains and secures all Maintenance and Inspection paper and electronic training records.
- Coordinates with Director, Training & Security for Maintenance and Inspection personnel electronic record keeping for all training records.
- Coordinates with the Director, Training & Security on the submission of new Maintenance and Inspection training classes.
- Assists the Senior Director, Quality Control with the content, drafting and submission or FAA approval of the Company manual revisions.
- Assists the Senior Director, Quality Control with the revisions, update content and subsequent FAA approval of the Company aircraft maintenance programs.
- Develops and provides Company Maintenance indoctrination training, technical training and recurrent training for all maintenance personnel.
- Assists Quality Assurance Auditor with any Outsource Maintenance Provider requirements and coordinates with Outsource Maintenance Provider in setting up those training events.
- Responsible for identifying hazards within the Company’s operations and systems and reporting those hazards through the WBAT or departmental hazard reporting systems.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must possess a current and valid airman certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings.
- Must have 4 years of experience with Company aircraft (Boeing 737 & 767).
- Must have 4 years of experience in 14 CFR Part 121 aircraft maintenance and inspection.
- Strongly prefer prior training experience
- Strongly prefer knowledge of adult learning principles and how they can best be incorporated into educational offerings
- Must be familiar with applicable CFRs. Must also be familiar with or able to rapidly become familiar with NAC maintenance policies and procedures, NAC Operation Specifications Parts D and E, and aircraft maintenance manuals.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player
- Requires ability to operate effectively in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive TSA clearance to work in secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mechanics, managers or outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to give clear written and oral instructions to team members, vendors or other stakeholders.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, FAA regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write training materials, correspondence and other related materials.
- Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- May also spend time in the maintenance hangar, which involves working around aircraft and varying temperatures (heat and cold).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, sit for extended periods of time, and lift 50 Lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, see or hear.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.