Maintenance Production Planner
Company: Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance
Publish Date: November 10, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Maintenance Inc. (NAMS), headquartered in Anchorage, is a Part 145 repair station that provides fleet maintenance, ground services and other general support services for Shared Services in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to maintaining a fleet of three (3) B737-700’s, NAMS provides all below-wing services including baggage handling, aircraft catering and marshalling as well as ticket counter and passenger screening and boarding services. NAMS employs over 100 people in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Deadhorse to service the Boeing 737 fleet as well as mechanics in Alpine to provide contract maintenance services for Conoco Phillips’ twin otter and casa.
Northern Air Maintenance Services, Inc.
Northern Air Maintenance Services (NAMS) a FAA Part 145 Repair Station, located in Anchorage, Alaska, is searching for a dedicated Maintenance Production Planner to join the team.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
Maintenance Production Planner for Northern Air Maintenance Services (NAMS) a FAA Part 145 Repair Station, located in Anchorage Alaska is eligible for the following:
Available Sign on bonus for DHC-8 experience (-100, -200, -300, Q400)
DHC- 8 Maintenance Experience Sign-On and Retention Bonus
1 year of experience, $3,750 sign-on, and $3,750 paid at 1 year of service ($7,500 total)
2 years of experience, $3,750 sign-on, $3,750 paid at 1 year of service, $5,000 paid at 2 years of service ($12,500 total)
3 years of experience, $3,750 sign-on, $3,750 paid at 1 year of service, $3,750 paid at 2 years of service, $6,250 paid at 3 years of service ($17,500)
DHC-8 experience must be documented on applicant’s resume and via applicant-provided training records.
Coordinates with managers from various departments including Maintenance, Stockroom, Quality Control, and Records to create, revise, and distribute the scheduled routine maintenance plan and work packages. Is able to effectively plan and implement work for production shops ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for work to be performed. May be involved in planning engineering changes for assigned shops. Provides other support to production and management as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform initial review and routes pertinent Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Code of Federal Regulations, Unapproved Parts Notifications, and Special Airworthiness Information Bulletins for preparation of Routine Task Cards with the Repair Station.
· Draft Routine Task Cards for the accomplishment of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Scheduled Maintenance Tasks.
· Ensures that the maintenance, inspections, tools, and materials needed for Airworthiness Directive compliance are scheduled to meet FAA and Company requirements.
· Create and update Engineering Controls for Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Engineering Orders, STC’s, Approved Aircraft Inspection Program, and Customer request.
· Plan upcoming customer maintenance and/or inspections as required. As needed, reviews the MEL, and ensures items are listed on the work package for troubleshooting and rectification. Coordinates with stockroom to ensure all needed parts and materials are sourced and purchased for the clearing of MEL/CDL/DMI.
· Familiar with regulatory requirements and aircraft records.
· Monitors airframe, engine, component inspection compliance, time changes, and advises appropriate departments of change/inspection due.
· Coordinates with Manager, Aircraft Maintenance to develop maintenance plan and adjusts as necessary due to unexpected issues.
· Maintains an accurate log of planning watch items by aircraft.
· Coordinates with Maintenance and Quality Control to create, revise, and distribute the scheduled routine maintenance plan and sets task priorities to maintenance.
· Coordinates with Maintenance and Quality Control to create work packages to include Daily, Weekly, and A Checks.
· Develops weekly planning sheet for upcoming maintenance.
· Reviews all work production work packages.
· Creates parts and tooling pre draw lists and requisitions needed parts.
· Additional duties maybe assigned by the Manager, Aircraft Maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
o High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED).
o Must hold a current Airframe and Powerplant certificate.
o A minimum of 5 years of aviation related experience in airline, repair station and/or MRO.
o Has the appropriate experience as evidenced by employment history, training, or certification to perform in the position assigned.
o A moderate degree of reasoning, math skills, and language skills are required for this position. High School levels are sufficient for all areas.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS:
o Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
o Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with coworkers and customers.
· COMPUTER SKILLS:
o Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
o Working knowledge of TRAX preferred.
· OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
o Some higher education preferred
o Requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
o Has exceptional organizational skills.
o Able to communicate orally and in writing.
o Knowledge of quality control, and planning processes.
o Is thoroughly familiar with the applicable 14 CFR Federal Aviation Regulations pertinent to Part 145.
o Is able to demonstrate a high level of professional customer service.
o Is highly skilled in research ability of Aircraft Directives and Service Bulletins.
o Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
o Must have a valid Passport or obtain one within the first 6 Months of employment.
o Occasional in/out of country travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals in order to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work is classified as “light” with regards to the physical demands.
- Lifting/carrying requirements: Heavy boxes weighing 50 pounds, light office supplies, stacks of paper, and computer print outs. Carts may be pushed loaded with supplies.
- Climbing: Climbing may be required up and down low step ladders, stooping is necessary for low file drawers and/or to retrieve supplies from the floor or under desks, kneeling, and crouching may be required for filing.
- Reaching: Reaching to the top of file cabinets or shelves is required.
- Repetitive motions: The job requires sitting and repetitive motion with use of the keyboard, pages in books, computer print outs, documents to be filed, and copy machines.
- Talking: Talking is required throughout the day, communication with customers and co-workers will be required.
· Hearing: Good hearing is required for effective and safe communication with co-workers.
- Vision: Good vision is required to perform all tasks.
- Environmental: The job is an indoor job with normal room temperature free from excessive noise. Fumes and odors are at a minimum.
As part of the Company’s continuing efforts to prioritize the health and wellbeing of its employees and those it serves, the Company will require that the individual who fills this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation exempting the individual from the requirement.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.