Maintenance Administrative Coordinator
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: November 18, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Responsible for managing all administrative duties within the NAC Maintenance department to include but not limited to Line Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, Stores and Logistics, Engineering Quality Control/Assurance, Reports to the VP of Technical Services and supports all Department Directors
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Manages travel for all Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible to coordinate with System Operations any changes to flight schedules that will affect travel of Maintenance department representatives within the system.
- Responsible for coordination with IT to ensure Technical Services has the office equipment needed to conduct daily business and that it remains in good working order. Coordinate repair and new equipment with IT.
- Manages the Concur expense report process to ensure all credit card holders within the Maintenance departments complete and submit accurate and timely expense reports.
- Responsible for Managing and Tracking all written communication between FAA and Maintenance departments.
- Manages all payroll for Maintenance department employees in accordance with the NAC Maintenance Pay Scale, Salary ranges and company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for providing daily, weekly, monthly and year end reporting from the TRAX maintenance tracking system to Maintenance department Management and NAS leadership.
- Creates work orders from TRAX.
- Partners with HR to manage and maintain all Maintenance department employee hiring, change of status and termination paperwork according to NAC policy and procedure.
- Manages and maintains all Maintenance training records.
- Manages new hire and annual A&P license verification using the FAA web site; files verifications in the mechanics’ training files.
- Responsible for working with maintenance team and Safety to ensure the safest workplace possible. Supports the safety management system (SMS) and all Safety Initiatives company wide.
- Other duties as assigned by the NAS Vice President Technical Services
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree preferred. Must have minimum of five years administrative management experience or a combination of related experience and education.
- Knowledge of NAC General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Maintenance programs, TRAX, Empower Time timekeeping system and WBAT safety/hazard reporting system preferred
- Must possess the ability to format and compose business correspondence. Excellent grammar and spelling skills are required. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond verbally and in writing to management, the FAA, contractors and peers.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of or experience with Empower Time, TRAX, Concur and PowerPoint desirable.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, manage time appropriately, demonstrate a high level or organizational skills and work well under pressure.
- Must exercise initiative and judgment, with the ability to make mature decisions within a scope of assigned authority.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- The work is classified as “light” with regards to the physical demands.
- Lifting requirements: Heavy boxes weighing 25 pounds, light office supplies, stacks of paper and computer printouts. Carts may be pushed loaded with office supplies and/or computer printouts that may weigh 10 to 15 pounds. Pulling will be required such as paper trays in copy machines, and file drawers.
- Climbing may be required up and down stairs and low step ladders, stooping is necessary for low file drawers and/or to retrieve supplies from the floor or under desks, kneeling and crouching may be required for filing.
- Reaching to the top of file cabinets or shelves is required; materials handled will consist of general office supplies and copy machine toner and ink. Fingering is required for pages in books, computer print outs, documents to be filed, keyboards on computers, typewriters, calculators, copy machines, fax machines and telephones.
- Talking is required at least 50% of the day; use of talking on the phone at least 25% of the day. Reciprocal communication is required at least 75% of the day. Good vision is required to process reports, data input, read correspondence and proof read documents and letters being sent out. Good hearing is required to communicate on the phone and while attending meetings.
- A high degree of language skills are required for this position. College levels are desired. This is a skilled position.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.