Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Administrative, Logistics, Trucking
Publish Date: June 24, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position oversees the activities of moving third party freight from the L-48 to Tacoma and forwarding to Alaska, and the LTL and FTL pickup and delivery, point-to-point moves and will dispatch drivers as required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Coordinate freight shipments, entering, maintaining and updating TruckMate on a regular basis
- Prepare and review ad hoc reports for customers as requested
- Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately and timely to customer inquiries
- Enter orders received verbally and via fax/email into TruckMate
- Effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form in order to implement the required actions
- Assists team with problem-solving and decision making when working on complex shipments
- Responsible for approving time cards and PTO requests, employee retention, mentoring, training, counseling, performance management and wage reviews
- Oversee and manages the professional development and productivity of team members to ensure goals are met
- Liaison with other departments in support of better working knowledge of processes, procedures
- Resolves escalated customer-related complaints
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or a related field is preferred
- Five to seven years of previous industry-related experience
- Two years of supervisory experience