Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Logistics, Trucking
Publish Date: January 10, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for taking calls from customers and other third parties to move freight from the L-48 to Tacoma for forwarding to Alaska.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Coordinate freight shipments, entering, maintaining and updating TruckMate on a regular basis.
- Prepare and review ad hoc reports for customers as requested
- Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately and timely to customer inquiries
- Enter orders received verbally (over the phone) or via e-mail into software system (TruckMate)
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from shippers
- Must be able to understand a variety of diagrams from customer and deal with abstract and variables in freight shipping requirements
- Work closely with operations to facilitate requests
- May review invoices for accuracy from service provider prior to billing process
- Will be responsible for authorizing quotes for point-to-point moves
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- An associate’s degree in business administration, or a related discipline is preferred
- Three to four years of previous industry-related experience is required; must have knowledge of software management system; TruckMate preferred