Local Heavy Haul Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: January 7, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for the loading, unloading and driving of diesel-powered trucks to transport heavy, specialized and oversized loads.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment under a variety of conditions, adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and maintenance e-logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Spot trailers to warehouse, chock wheels, and may assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain contact with terminal to receive accurate dispatch instructions
- Ensure cargo is secured for transport according to FMCSRs and Carlile requirements
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Will operate a winch truck
- Will perform basic maintenance on HH trailer and truck equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Class A CDL with all endorsements (or ability to get all endorsements)
- Two years of verifiable safe tractor-trailer driving experience; previous heavy haul experience preferred
- Must have a Flagger Card or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of employment