Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: January 6, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for Carlile’s general freight transport by way of pickups and deliveries.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate box trucks, tractor trailers, and flat beds under a variety of conditions, adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and e-maintenance logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Spot and park trucks to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain contact with dispatcher to receive accurate dispatch instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or any company equipment
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and correct before delivery
- Verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Is responsible to conduct road tests on new/prospective employees
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or a GED equivalent
- Class A CDL drivers license with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- Doubles certification preferred, but not required
- TWIC badge required