Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: October 9, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for dispatching drivers to/from the Port of Anchorage as well as dispatching drivers for local pickup and delivery. As part of this activity this position is also responsible for equipment control of vans and other equipment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for the routing, scheduling and dispatching of drivers, equipment and freight loads going out daily/nightly and reporting activities to the Operations group
- Ensure that all containers are received and tripped into system
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone and when arranging for pick-ups and delivers
- Communicates with dispatch at various customer sites to coordinate the movement of freight
- Support the safe operation of all trucks, drivers and related trucking operations
- Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments for trailers, create freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
- Support full compliance with all federal and state transportation safety regulations,
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to two years of transportation / dispatch experience