Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: February 19, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service and the scheduling of efficient cargo pick-up and delivery, and optimal turn-time.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for the routing, scheduling and dispatching of drivers, equipment and freight loads being dispatched and reporting such activities
- Ensure that all trailer numbers and related freight information are received from drivers and entered into the dispatch system
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone and when arranging for pick-ups and delivers with customers
- Communicates with dispatchers at other Carlile terminals and with customers to coordinate the movement of freight
- Assist customers with setting appointments and with other issues at locations
- Support the safe operation of all trucks, drivers and related trucking operations
- Performs dispatch functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifesting shipments for trailers, creating freight bills, and tracing shipments, etc.
- Communicate with yard and dock personnel in the proper disposition of freight prior to being dispatched
- Support full compliance with all transportation and federal and state safety regulations
- May assist yard and dock workers locating and/or moving freight
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two to four years dispatch experience in the trucking industry inclusive of warehousing and yard operations
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift experience preferred