Local Bulk Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: February 12, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for our customer’s bulk transport by way of pickups and deliveries.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect trucks and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and e-maintenance logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Make customer pick-ups in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Spot and park trucks to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in unloading freight
- Maintain contact with dispatcher to receive accurate dispatch instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or any company equipment
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and make corrections
- Verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or a GED equivalent
- Class A CDL driver’s license with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- Doubles certification preferred, but not required
- One to three years of verifiable safe driving experience