LNG PIC Tankerman
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Labor, Operations, Seagoing
Publish Date: March 4, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Responsible for of the day-to-day operations of the LNG tank barge including the storage, transfer, and vaporization of LNG. Essential functions include, but are not limited to: general maintenance and monitoring the condition of the barge and responsible for the loading of LNG off the truck rack to LNG propelled vessels.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of liquefied natural gas products between barges, ships, and facilities including completion and accountability of barge logs, bills of lading and gauge reports.
- Conducts LNG tank barge loading and discharges.
- Conducts routine maintenance and inspection of LNG Tank Barge Equipment
- Monitor product level in tanks in relationship to pressure control and temperature monitoring, operate diesel engines, electric and compressor motors, operate cargo pumps, operate cryogenic tank/pipeline valves, and operate manual and hydraulic booms.
- Communicate professionally with all vessel crews and oil facility personnel.
- Adjust and secure barge lines.
- Complete loading and discharge gauge reports.
- Inspect vessel for Coast Guard, state and company regulatory compliance.
- Assist with development of operations manuals.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Conducts effective turnover of operations and equipment monitoring to teammates
- Assist with development and updates of operations manuals.
- Ensure vessel in compliance with company and regulatory maintenance requirements and coordinate with manager to supervise third party vendors for non-routine maintenance.
- Maintain onboard inventory of spares and consumables for required maintenance.
- Supervision and training of Assistant LNG Tankerman.
Compliance and Safety
- Ensures successful compliance with state and federal barge operation regulations.
- Directs onboard supervision of all high-risk cargo transfer operations.
- Monitors all environmental regulatory issues and keeps LNG Barge Operations manager apprised.
- Responds to emergency calls at night, weekends, and holidays.
- Ensure vessel emergency and safety equipment status complies with regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Review and maintain onboard documentation and certifications for transfers and regulatory compliance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hydraulics theory and systems along with a complete understanding of the Code of Federal Regulations pertaining to tank barges and the transportation of petroleum and chemical products.
- Diesel engine and pump operations, hull, and machinery
- Ship/barge loading programs (PC software)
- Basic chemistry knowledge to support Liquid Gas behavioral comprehension.
- Command of English language necessary for oral and written communication.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge of LNG liquefaction, shipping, vaporization or power plant operations, typically gained through considerable related work experience.
- Must have physical ability to maneuver cargo hoses, handle barge lines and board vessels by use of an accommodation ladder, Jacob’s ladder, standard ladder or tugboat.
- Must possess good communication skills by voice and/or visual hand signals.
- Ability to complete accurate paperwork.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Must be able to understand and utilize the metric system for cargo transfer operations and volume calculations.
- Knowledge of Coast Guard and state requirements for transfer operations.
- Knowledge of company safety practices
- Basic Computer Skills (Outlook, MS Excel, Word,
- Ability to operate the LNG Barge’s Cargo Transfer Metering System and all other automated instrumentation devices associated with the barge’s operating systems.
- This position generally requires five years experience in the tank-barge/tanker-field or combination of a bachelor of science in marine engineering or marine transportation
- A minimum of one year of experience in the tank-barge/tanker-field.
- Knowledge of LNG liquefaction, shipping, vaporization or power plant operations strongly preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Tankerman’s license/endorsement including Tankerman PIC is preferred.
- Work is performed in environments ranging from outside to inside, noisy to quiet, hot to cold, and wet to dry as well as in normal office environments.
- May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends.
- Travel may also be required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.