Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Ground Operations
Publish Date: June 5, 2019
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Responsible for of the day-to-day operations of the LNG tank barge including the storage, transfer, and vaporization of LNG. Essential functions include, but are not limited to: general maintenance and monitoring the condition of the barge and responsible for the loading of LNG off the truck rack to LNG propelled vessels. The Assistant LNG Tankerman supports the vessel operations, and reports to the Tankbarge Manager.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of liquefied natural gas products between barges, ships, and facilities including completion and accountability of barge logs, bills of lading and gauge reports.
- Conducts LNG tank barge loading and discharges.
- Conducts routine maintenance and inspection of LNG Tank Barge Equipment
- Monitor product level in tanks in relationship to pressure control and temperature monitoring, operate diesel engines, electric and compressor motors, operate cargo pumps, operate cryogenic tank/pipeline valves, and operate manual and hydraulic booms.
- Communicate professionally with all vessel crews and oil facility personnel.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain professional relations with customers.
- General barge maintenance and cleanliness.
- Must have physical ability to maneuver cargo hoses, handle barge lines and board vessels.
- Ability to learn to operate the LNG Barge’s Cargo Transfer Metering System and all other automated instrumentation devices associated with the barge’s operating systems.
- Basic Computer skills(MS Office).
- Must possess good communication skills by voice and/or visual hand signals.
- Ability to do accurate paperwork.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic skills.
- Knowledge of Coast Guard and state requirements for transfer operations.
- Knowledge of company safety practices.
- Must have a valid Coast Guard Merchant Mariners Document with Tankerman endorsement.
- Must have a valid first aid certificate.
- Must have CPR training.
- At least one year of experience in the tank-barge/tanker-field, or similar experience.
- Knowledge of LNG liquifaction, shipping, vaporization or power plant operations strongly preferred.
- Complete HAZWOPER training within 90 days of hire.
- Participate in onboard drills with tug crews when job permits.
- Previous experience as a tank barge operator on oil barges required.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.