Line MX Supervisor KOA
Location: Kailua Kona
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: August 23, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Pay Rate: https://rew31.ultipro.com/NOR1020/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3762
Aloha Air Cargo
The Line Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Line Maintenance Manager. The Line Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all maintenance activities at Honolulu and outlying stations pertaining to aircraft maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Provides all employees with an environment of trust, mutual respect, courtesy, and opportunities for growth.
2. Is responsible to the Line Maintenance Manager for the implementation and procedural enforcement of Aloha Air Cargo’s maintenance department policies and procedures.
3. Ensures proper distribution of manpower for work performance efficiency, flight schedule compliance, and the attainment of Airworthiness.
4. Assists mechanics in investigating and correcting sources of trouble on Company and customer’s aircraft and spot checks their work to ensure compliance with all specifications and safety standards. Responsible for decision involving maintenance being performed under his/her supervision.
5. Recommends and submits suggestions for obtaining equipment to perform maintenance work in an efficient and economical manner and instructs subordinate employees in its use.
6. Is responsible for all property, equipment, parts, and materials at his/her assigned location.
7. Makes certain that all safety and accident prevention measures are being fully enforced and revises and corrects such procedures, as warranted.
8. Shall be responsible for any additional duties delegated by the Line Maintenance Manager.
• High School diploma or equivalency and 4-year degree in a technical/aeronautical field or equivalent work experience required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a current FAA Airframe & Powerplant certificate.
• Two (2) years air carrier supervisory experience preferred.
• Five (5) years air carrier maintenance experience required.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office and Maintenix preferred.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
Aloha Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled