Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: May 24, 2021
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for driving diesel-powered trucks to transport freight from Anchorage to Kenai.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and meet regulatory deadlines.
- Impeccable character, integrity, and unfailing initiative in a team environment
- Must be experienced to operate in snow and ice road conditions and be able to chain-up.
- Ability to work various shifts and days of the week
- Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on driver’s abstract and driving files.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a basic mechanical background and aptitude coupled with the knowledge of how a diesel truck operates
- Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Must be able to prioritize daily task and assignments
- Must be customer focused. Must represent Carlile is a professional and friendly manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- Class A CDL with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- One year of verifiable safe over-the-road (OTR) /Line driving experience.