Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: January 7, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for driving diesel-powered trucks to transport and deliver freight products and materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form to customers and other Carlie terminals.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment
- Maintain driver and maintenance logs (electronic and manual) according to State and Federal regulations as well as Carlile policies and procedures.
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer
- Be knowledgeable of State of Alaska and federal DOT regulations
- Spot trailers to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain telephone radio, or PeopleNet contact with terminal dispatcher to receive instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or any company equipment
- May be required to perform emergency roadside repairs
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and correct before delivery
- Verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Class A CDL with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- Three to five years of verifiable safe over-the-road (OTR) /line driving experience in Alaska
- Doubles certification preferred.