Legal Coordinator / Paralegal
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Legal
Publish Date: June 9, 2021
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a highly motivated, independent problem-solver who is interested in becoming an integral member of a dynamic in-house legal department. You like variety in your work, enjoy collaboration with cross-functional teams, and are skilled at managing multiple priorities. You are a whiz in MS Office. If you also know the ins and outs of SharePoint or Icertis, you would be a stand-out candidate! You may have legal, compliance, or contract admin experience, or you have had comparable project management or senior administrative management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
This is not your run-of-the-mill paralegal position! As the Legal Coordinator/Paralegal you will support the Saltchuk legal and risk management departments. From presentation planning to research and process management – your attention to detail and ability to manage multiple processes and projects will shine. You will collaborate with legal, compliance and risk management teams across our family of companies and play a key role in creating and maintaining a strong culture of ethics and compliance.
Legal & Compliance Support
- Primary administrator of Legal Tracker e-billing system; assist with preparation of reports and administration of vendor invoices.
- Assist with management of legal and compliance resources, including Sharepoint intranet portal site, online research subscriptions, and similar tools and technology.
- Assist with preparation of agendas, minutes, and related materials for legal and compliance meetings.
- Take notes at in-house counsel and other meetings and prepare initial drafts of minutes.
- Assist with preparation and formatting of presentations, reports, and other documents.
- Assist with development and administration of legal form agreement database.
- Assist with corporate records management and administration (e.g., maintain repository of current contracts and assist with tracking renewals and other contractual requirements).
- Provide administrative support and coordination to the legal department, such as making arrangements for team meetings, compiling Board reports and supporting materials and similar support activities.
- Primary administrator of Saltchuk’s ethics hotline, including coordinating with business units to resolve matters within protocol timelines and other requirements.
- Assist with tracking, evaluation, and administration of Ethics & Compliance program evaluation scorecard.
- Assist with development and administration of ethics and compliance training programs.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and administration of corporate policies (e.g., maintain repository of current policies and assist with researching and benchmarking policy best practices).
- Assist in special projects, including developing and implementing ethics and speak-up initiatives.
- Assist in corporate maintenance activities, including preparation of initial drafts of consents, annual filings in multiple jurisdictions, obtaining signatures via DocuSign and maintaining minute books.
- Coordinate with in-house counsel of the Saltchuk companies to compile information and prepare initial drafts of risk reports and audit disclosures.
- Prepare initial drafts and provide initial legal review of NDA’s, vendor contracts, shared services agreements and other agreements, as well as applications, affidavits, and other documentation.
- Assist with M&A due diligence and other activities as appropriate.
- Assist in special projects.
- Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with tracking and administration of the Enterprise Risk Management program’s risk assessments (Saltchuk and Business Units) and associated mitigation measures.
- Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with compiling and tracking uninsured legal and compliance risks.
- Assist in special projects (such as planning and coordination of risk manager best practice sharing meetings).
- 5+ years in a similar role desired.
- Experience working in legal, compliance, contract admin or related helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills required.
- A team player who is committed to the success of the organization.
- Previous experience working in a team oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks, prioritize, and provide a high quality work product with excellent attention to detail under tight deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office. Experience with SharePoint or Icertis is a plus.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and respect confidentiality of sensitive matters.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Paralegal certificate desired