Lead Trailer Mechanic
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: March 15, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible to perform all repairs on trailers and related equipment. This position is also responsible for directing and assisting other trailer mechanics assigned to the Anchorage terminal.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operates safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots to identify mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies
- Will work with schematics
- Must be able to use OEM troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures
- Analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement
- Provides direction/training to feeder positions
- Communicate with Anchorage R&M in the prioritization of trailer repairs
- Communicate with vendor and dispatcher prior to sending trailers to shop for repairs and certification
- Must keep work area clean and attend to housekeeping matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; trade school education preferred
- Two to four years trailer and equipment repair and maintenance experience
- Must have ownership of basic tools to perform the job
- Valid AK driver’s license required; CDL A or B license preferred.