Lead Receiving Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking, Warehouse
Publish Date: August 8, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible to lead and direct the daily activities of the Receiving team.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Lead efforts to operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures
- Work with management to increase the efficiencies and accuracy of the receiving and data entry processes
- Oversee the daily activities of the Receiving associates
- Determine work procedures and prepare work schedules to expedite workflow
- Takes the lead to solve problems and make informed decisions affecting service and performance of the Receiving and Data Entry team
- Ensure the team provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Interacts with multiple departments to disseminate relevant information, collect and communicate appropriate information to teams on various shifts
- Provide work direction and training
- Complete inspection of inbound freight documents for appropriate consignee, bill to information, freight and hazmat description, PO#, piece count, and enter details using freight scanning software
- Report missing information to appropriate operations personnel, to include special handling and delivery instructions
- Follow-up on missing information reports to ensure timely delivery of freight
- Verify documentation has been signed off by driver and receiver
- Final overall review of own work before completing freight bill for auto or manual billing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 yrs. related data entry, receiving or customer service experience required
- 1-2 yrs leadership experience in the transportation or warehousing industry preferred
- 1-2 yrs. Forklift preferred