Lead Mechanic Night Shift – $24.91-$46.16
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: October 19, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Carlile prohibits discrimination due to race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
Winner of the NBRI Circle of Excellence Award! “This award recognizes organizations that place a high value on employee experience and customer experience. These organizations demonstrate their dedication by conducting best in class survey research with NBRI and taking action based upon the results.”
- Wellness Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan- after 2 years, 100% of 3% of eligible compensation
- Vacation Accrual
- 7 Holidays
- Operates safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots to identify mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies
- Will work with schematics
- Must be able to use OEM troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures
- Analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement
- Provides direction/training to feeder positions
- Connect with Anchorage R&M in the prioritization of trailer repairs
- Collaborate with vendor and dispatcher prior to sending trailers to shop for repairs and certification
- Must keep work area clean and attend to housekeeping matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test. Excluding Marijuana.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; trade school education preferred
- Two to four years trailer and equipment repair and maintenance experience
- Must have ownership of basic tools to perform the job
- Valid AK driver’s license required; CDL A or B license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Solid understanding of equipment/truck/trailer functionality
- Working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Savvy in computer software systems
- Responds to strategic direction, takes ownership for own actions, completes tasks on time or communicates alternate plans
- Treats people with courtesy; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds interpersonal values
- Must have basic understanding of DOT regulations and out-of-service conditions
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge and understanding of schematics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Use of computerized diagnostic equipment, power and machine tools, pneumatic wrenches, lathes, grinding machines, and welding equipment.
- Often exposed to a variety of extreme weather such as cold, heat, snow, wind, rain, etc.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever needed for every team member with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the crucial duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their required job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.