Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Maintenance
Publish Date: July 29, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great opportunity with well-established and growing air cargo company. Minimum starting pay rate is $37.50 per hour + DOE. This position performs assigned maintenance on Company aircraft, engines, and engine components. All functions are completed with the highest regard for safety and adherence to all applicable policies and regulations. Contribute to a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- The Lead Mechanic is responsible for quality and quantity in manpower utilization while promoting Company policies.
- The Lead Mechanic must be knowledgeable of and have extensive experience in repair and troubleshooting of Company maintained aircraft.
- The Lead Mechanic maintains the check turnover log and line turnover log, reporting all work accomplished on his shift, pertinent open items and any special instructions.
- The Lead Mechanic is responsible for coordinating the deicing/anti-icing procedures and ground crews on a day to day basis.
- The Lead Mechanic is responsible for ensuring Junior Mechanics receive proper OJT and their School/Logbook progress toward their A&P is monitored.
- Ensure a positive and productive work environment on shift.
- The Lead Mechanic must have the ability of supervise personnel and maintain adequate production levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college preferred.
- Must possess a current and valid FAA Airman Certificate with an Airframe and Power plant ratings.
- Boeing 737-200 and 300 experience desirable.
- Prior lead or supervisory experience very helpful.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and receive TSA clearance to operate in a secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the Maintenance Department and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in the maintenance hangar or outdoor airline ramp.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions (cold and heat), wet surfaces and icy conditions.
- Will be working around stationary and moving aircraft and aircraft ground equipment
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (full range of motion); climb or balance; and stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- May be required to work in confined spaces for extended periods
- The employee must have the ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to two hours.
- The employee will need to see, speak and hear.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.