Junior Aircraft Mechanic
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Maintenance
Publish Date: July 29, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great learning opportunity for students enrolled in an FAA approved Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) Program. Work part-time while in school. Perform maintenance and support functions under direct supervision of licensed aircraft mechanic working on 737 classic jets. Excellent way to launch your career!
- Assist mechanics with tasks assigned by the Lead Mechanic including but not limited to:
- Servicing of aircraft
- Heating of aircraft
- Set up support equipment
- Panel removal
- Parts cleaning
- Shop cleanup
- Snow removal
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Identifying any hazards within the company’s operations and systems and reporting those hazards through the WBAT or departmental hazard reporting system
- Be reliable and maintain regular attendance/punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Need high school diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled in an FAA approved Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) school/program; prefer completion of at least one year in accredited AMT program.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, which could include days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive clearance from TSA to operate in secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate verbally within the Maintenance Department and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in the maintenance hangar or outdoor airline ramp.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions (cold and heat), wet surfaces and icy conditions.
- Will be working around stationary and moving aircraft and aircraft ground equipment.
- May be required to work in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required.
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (full range of motion); climb or balance; and stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must have the ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to two hours.
- The employee will need to see, speak and hear.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.