Journeyman Pipe Fitter – Seattle Shipyard
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Labor
Publish Date: December 7, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
- Perform Pipe Fitting and or Welding work on piping systems,
- Layout, fabrication, installation, testing and repair of pipe systems
- Fit pipe and properly prepare joints for welding
- Troubleshooting and repair vessel hydraulic systems and air control systems.
- Responsible for initial set up, steel preparation, die checking or hose testing upon completing of weld.
- Install mechanical compression joints
- Fabricate hydraulic hoses
- Fabricate simple hangers and brackets
- Able to cut & prep for fabrication
- Set up temporary ventilation systems
- Layout mitre joints, spools & penetrations
- Able to bend pipe & tube
- Assist with the testing of pipe systems
- Able to identify valves
- Able to quality control own welding or fit-up work
- Able to thread fittings
- Proficient in welding processes
- Fire-watch duties
- Able to perform routine work, repetitive in nature
- Maintain organization and housekeeping in work area and shop
- Maintain tools & equipment
- Fork-lift & man-lift operation
- Familiarity with tool usage, and demonstrate skill with tools
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Transverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights
- Read and comprehend manuals, drawings and blueprints.
- Adhere to all company safety, environmental, quality assurance and security programs
- Adhere to company policies
- Other duties as assigned
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.