ITSS Senior Data Architect
Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: April 12, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire an ITSS Senior Data Architect. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
The ITSS Senior Data Architect will provide technology support for our enterprise back office systems. This role is responsible for providing functional and technical support to the company while recommending and implementing solutions to business problems within the Applications and reporting systems. This position is also responsible for preparing detailed system requirements, specifications and documents and provide guidance, support, implementation and configuration for Business Intelligence models and dashboards which can be consumed by the business.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental BI Reporting and Analytics solutions
- Work with the business to develop and refine Business Intelligence reporting
- Own the development and continuous improvement of (client applications, business reporting and business processes)
- Develop interactive analytics dashboards and visualizations using tools like Power BI and SSRS
- Share team responsibility for the management of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Design and continually improve scalability of our data storage and databases
- Work to migrate infrastructure to AWS or Azure.
- Provide solutions for data warehousing and storage infrastructure.
- Continuously improve business intelligence/reporting processes, procedures and workflow
- Monitor technology and industry trends for new business intelligence opportunities.
- Define, articulate, and deliver the information, reporting, and analytical needs of key stakeholder groups
- Gain subject matter expertise level knowledge in the company’s data and business processes •
- Gather and document reporting requirements from customer meetings regarding report development and ad hoc requests •
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT technical, Engineering or related, field or the recognized equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with 2012+ Microsoft BI stack and team development tools
- 6+ years core expertise with complex SQL, data analysis, and reporting with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with dashboards built on Power BI and SSAS Cubes
- Strong knowledge of Data warehousing and ETL concepts & techniques. Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Background in Scrum/Agile project management environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
5+ years of experience in the following:
- Working experience with planning, leading, documenting and facilitating sessions, eliciting and analyzing system requirements and capturing in System Requirements Specifications and developing Functional Design Specifications.
- Active Directory administration, login scripts and group policies.
- Ability to deliver VB and CMD scripts
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of SQL server and SSRS
- Support Microsoft Server platforms and applications
- Strong knowledge in Reporting and building Queries
- Understanding of big data platforms
- Self-driven and motivated
- Experience in MS SQL Server and BI using SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Experience in creating Packages in SSIS and in generating on demand scheduled reports for business analysis using SSRS.
- Strong written communications skills to be able to describe processes and solutions concisely and professionally to internal and external resources.
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.