IT Support Specialist
Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: October 9, 2020
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
NorthStar Energy’s IT department is part of NorthStar’s Shared Service organization and responsible for delivering best in class technology solutions across all operating entities. The IT Support Specialist interfaces directly with every individual throughout the organization and is the primary interface for all support requests. This is a technical role that requires excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Respond to and document employee inquiries that are submitted via phone, email and in person correspondence
- Act as primary contact to investigate problems, answer technical questions, and document/escalate issues as appropriate
- Maintain all employee inquiries within helpdesk ticketing system ensuring next steps, status and resolution are kept up to date
- Build, upgrade, and troubleshoot physical laptops and desktop computers
- Install computer firmware, Windows operating systems, drivers, updates, and applications from scratch
- Utilize image deployment systems to facilitate the transition from a manual build process to an automated one
- Manage administration of Windows Active Directory including user account management, security groups, NTFS permissions and computer objects
- Troubleshoot network issues using OSI Model
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot all Microsoft 365 products including mailbox management
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems around the configuration and performance of computer peripherals including but not limited to docking stations, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, web cameras, microphones, speakers, headsets, etc.
- Help develop/maintain documentation and knowledgebase
- Work with third party manufactures on warranty issues, including hardware and software
- Maintain hardware inventory lists and request replenishment of items needed for different deployment scenarios
- Support setup of video conference systems such as Zoom and in-office resources
- Support security best practices and malicious software isolation strategies
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology and 3-5 years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ infrastructure services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly analytical and able to absorb new software and hardware skills quickly
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and plan effectively
- Work well in a team setting and collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills