IT Support Analyst
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: April 20, 2020
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
Are you a team player and self-driven?
Are you proactive and enjoy handling multiple projects at the same time?
Do you have technical expertise and problem-solving skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, TOTE Puerto Rico is looking for an IT Support Analyst like you!
What does an IT Support Analyst do?
The IT Support Analyst is responsible for the ongoing administration, support and technology life-cycle of TOTE’s client computing devices and software. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computers and associated software for TOTE locations. You will also be the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues. This position will lead the development and maintenance of the imaging process for client computing platforms including commissioning and support. In addition, provide additional service desk support and participate in an on-call off-hours support rotation. This position requires excellent communication, documentation, time management skills, and the ability to work well with a team. Candidates will be expected to show personal initiative and assume primary ownership for these duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide service desk support
- Ensure timeliness of response and resolution of tickets
- Monitoring and oversight of service-related tickets
- Client computing technology, operation and effectiveness
- IT inventory and asset tracking
- Client technology management (Hardware, configuration, operating systems, upgrades)
- Client Patch management and security (backups, antivirus, malware)
- Operating system (fixes, patches, new version, migration)
- Own the implementation and continuous improvement of client computing technology
- Involvement in establishing user accounts, profiles, file shares, access privileges, monitoring of usage, and resolving user access issues
- Development of desktop, laptop and mobile device imaging and management
- Assist with the management of Active Directory and Group Policies
- Assisting the IT team in various areas of technology
- Continual improvement of processes and services
- Support IT operations on the TOTE Ships
- Assist with supporting users at the Terminal
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience installing, configuring, and monitoring Windows production environments preferred – Windows 10 is a must
- Experience developing zero touch OS migration solutions
- 2+ years of client support role
- Experience of asset management and inventory control
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Good overall knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 10 preferred) and how software interacts with them
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think creatively as well as adapt and contribute to changing environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively
- Strong service orientation, collaborative attitude with both peers and internal customers
- Project management skills
- Excellent documentation and verbal skills
- Availability for emergency calls and on call rotation
For TOTE Puerto Rico, shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE Puerto Rico team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We are equally committed to our own employees, fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE Puerto Rico History and Values, click here.
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits and professional development opportunities. To learn more about the benefits that TOTE offer, click here.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.