IT SPECIALIST (Maui)
Company: Hawaii Petroleum
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: August 1, 2020
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
We are looking for IT Specialist who will be responsible for managing the PC/LAN operations including installation, documentation, administration, technical services and procurement. The incumbent will be maintaining our Fuel Controller systems, servers and data center equipment servicing our retail establishments. We are looking for an energetic “self-starter” for a three-member IT team.
- Degree in the field of Information Technology Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience handling help desk calls.
- Experience working in a corporate network environment, and ability to troubleshoot network problems.
- Experience with the configuration and user support of Smartphones.
- Ability to work with desktop and server hardware & software-repair, troubleshooting and installation.
- Ability to learn the fuel business and related software.
- Knowledge of SQL, DM2 desirable and Microsoft Office 365 (desirable)
- Must have excellent communication and people skills!
- Must be able to respond to after-hours/weekend emergency calls.
- Ability to travel inter-island.
- Competitive wages with annual COLA increase
- Medical, drug, vision, dental
- 401K Plan with matching
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Employee preferred HFN Program
- Bonus Program
Interested candidates may complete online and upload their resume at: http://www.hawaiipetroleum.com/careers/
Hawaii Petroleum, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities…..