Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: August 26, 2019
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
The NorthStar Energy IT Director is responsible for the leadership, development, and execution of NorthStar’s information technology strategy. The position manages all technology systems, hardware, software and IT requirements for the Company and its operating businesses under a Shared Services Model. Essential duties are:
- Develop and oversee execution of IT strategy to support the Company’s business strategies and growth goals.
- Create a technology roadmap with operational and accounting teams to drive process improvement across the businesses.
- Research and recommend new products and technology data analytics to support business operational excellence.
- Oversee technical projects to achieve organizational goals with budget.
- Develop and manage IT operational performance metrics to drive increased resource efficiency and effectiveness.
- Direct the effective delivery of networks, security systems and disaster recovery systems.
- Engage and directly support local operating sites to ensure new technology is successful and to resolve all technology problems.
- Manage and develop a team of approximately 2 IT staff, planning and directing work in line with established goals and strategies.
- Prepare financial budgets and presents proposals for technology capital projects to senor executives.
- Recommend, review and manage major contracts with vendors for all technology, communications and information systems, service and equipment purchases/leases.
- Manage, mentor and engage with the IT team and colleagues in a manner that reflects NorthStar’s values of cohesion, commitment, courage, and personal agency.
- Engage with Saltchuk IT and IT Directors at other Saltchuk companies to leverage experience and successes across all companies.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.