Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: October 26, 2020
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
Reporting to the Shared Services Controller, the NorthStar Inventory Accountant contributes to the overall success of the Company by overseeing essential inventory and other accounting activities for NorthStar Energy’s Shared Services business units
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Own all aspects of inventory accuracy including reconciliations, postings, and reporting
- Develop and implement processes to ensure accuracy of all inventory-related accounting transactions
- Process all inventory transactions, including purchases, freight, transfers, and gains or losses in accordance with accounting policies and procedures
- Perform essential duties for month-end close, which includes preparing and posting journal entries, entering data into the inventory module, and reconciling daily usage reports in an accurate and efficient manner
- Support the billing process to ensure accurate and efficient billing, which includes posting sales order batches
- Communicate daily with customers, vendors, and colleagues regarding complex inventory transactions
- Prepare and distribute inventory reports with account and activity explanations
- Develop and report on inventory related KPI’s and consistently distribute KPI reports
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for all inventory accounts
- Assist in the preparation and fieldwork of both internal and external audits
- Manage the inventory count process for all sites and all inventory on hand
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts related to inventory, exchanges, cost of goods sold and freight
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field and a minimum of 3 years accounting or financial analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in inventory or a similar function preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong problem solving, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and accounting systems (Sage)
- Strong writing and communications abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of inventory accounting and its relationship between accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the general ledger
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills
- Experience with process improvement in accounting and transactional processes
The ideal candidate demonstrates high levels of cohesion that will ultimately transpire between fellow colleagues and customers; demonstrates a strong level of commitment and personal agency that will create positive outcomes across the Company; and has the courage to do the right thing in all circumstances.