Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: September 28, 2021
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is looking for an Intermodal Coordinator that is self-driven and detail-oriented. If you are an innovative thinker that can deliver results with a high level of accuracy, this opportunity is for you! The Intermodal Coordinator is responsible for arranging the movement of TOTE Maritime equipment with the logistics provider to maximize customer service, control costs, and ensure efficient use of TOTE Maritime assets.
Juan Ramirez, Intermodal Coordinator at TOTE since 2019, says that “the fast pace work environment, constant new challenges, and the team I work with are my favorite parts of the job. I am getting knowledge and experience from the best in the field.”
As an Intermodal Coordinator you will:
- Monitor, reconcile and track movements of all equipment for respective region. Utilize system reports, commercial projections and historical trends for maximum and efficient utilization.
- Coordinate the positioning of equipment with the trucking company based on this analysis for the depots and the customers. Ensure that equipment is being utilized efficiently and the right mix of equipment is appropriate for each location.
- Issue TB’s for empty equipment movement.
- Recommend changes in equipment inventory at inland depots based on historical trends.
- Monitor and validate Southbound and Northbound intermodal volume and cost
- Report intermodal cost and volume trends
- Track intermodal moves by region or lane (i.e. West Coast, Midwest, Southwest)
- Compile statistics on service failures/missed appointments by vendor
- Survey equipment availability/options by region, ramp or hub location
- Compile statistic on carrier performance (meeting appoint times, accurate billing, etc.)
- Evaluate needs and demand for location, region, and lane with Sales and Pricing
- Maintain knowledge of market price of drayage and line-haul moves
- Contact potential carrier(s) and determine interest, capabilities and resources
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Solicit rates and charges for most common truck moves
- Validate invoices related to inland movement.
- Identify equipment setting idle for more than 30 days. Involve customer service, sales, and the trucking company to position this equipment for use.
- Assist in auditing billing reports and reporting of billing errors to trucking company to ensure that corrections have been issued.
- Assist with problem resolution regarding equipment integrity in Cargo Wise as required
- Serve as backup to Equipment Group during vacation or absences of personnel.
- Support other intermodal duties and responsibilities as required to help achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ensure the delivery of intermodal transportation solutions for cargo booked to TMPR vessels
The ideal candidate has:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge in shipping and logistics and the various cargo equipment types
- Ability to clearly communicate performance standards
- Ability to gain cooperation from peers to obtain and share information to accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with multiple levels of employees throughout the organization
- Ability to make presentations in a group environment
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Transportation & Logistics or related experience equivalent.
At TOTE, shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We’re equally committed to our own employees – fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE history and values, go to https://www.totemaritime.com/about/about-the-company/
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, excellent benefits, and professional development opportunities. If you want to be part of a company that promotes a family-like culture, look no further.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.